Khao Chae and Sweet Sticky Rice with Ripe Mango
If Khao-chae (rice soaked in ice-cold jasmine-scented water, served with tidbits) is the angelini of the month, then Sweet sticky rice with ripe mango must be the angelina. Both are super stars of April and the summer seasons in Thailand.
Where to eat Khao-chae and Sweet sticky rice with ripe mango?
1) Thanying Restaurant Royal Thai Cuisine, 10 Soi Pramuan, off Silom Road (between Silom 17 and 19), Bangkok 10500, Tel.: 02-2364361
Thanying khao chae B250/set available during April and May (using a recipe of MC Sulapwalleng Visuddhi, formerly head chef of Queen Rambhai Bharni’s Sukhothai Palace)
2) Benjarong @ Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok; Tel.: 02-2369999
Benjarong khao chae available during lunch throughout April
3) Suan Thip Thai Restaurant, Pak Kret, Bangkok; Tel.: 02-5833748
Suan Thip khao chae available during lunch throughout April
4) Erawan Tea Room by Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, Bangkok; Tel.: 02-2541234
Tea Room khao chae available during lunch and afternoon tea throughout April.
Where to eat Sweet sticky rice with ripe mango?
1) Mae Waree Fruits & Mango, Thonglo, Sukhumvit Soi 55, Bangkok
2) Benjarong @ Dusit Thani Hotel, Rama 4 Road, Bangkok
3) Kor Panich, Tanao Road, opposite Prang Puthorn, Bangkok
4) Pa Jua Hua Hin, Nares Damri Road, opposite Hilton Hotel, Hua-hin
The writer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2008 MDS. All rights reserved.