Sunday, January 29, 2012
Yum & Tum
Healthy salad and fierce pok-pok
I love Issan (Thailand northeastern provinces) food, just like most of the expats living in Bangkok do. Whether it is sidewalk somtum (spicy raw papaya pok-pok salad), gai yang (grilled chicken), or to higher-end Issan restaurants, I couldn't wait to leave my foot print there if it is a good one.
Yum & Tum, with its first debut at the Life Center Sathorn three years ago, has climbed to be a popular Issan delicacies joint with comfy interior and an eclectic menu to offer. Recently I went to her branch at K-Village with two visiting friends, the food was decent though not as good as those at Life Center and Central Festival Pattaya.
1. Thai rice roll with stuffing; 2. spicy raw papaya salad with carrot
3. Thai eggplant salad with grilled pork Issan nam-tok sauce
4. Southern style spicy khao-yum tossed rice
5. gai yang Issan grilled chicken
6. soup noodle with river prawn in tomyum broth; 7. Thai desserts
Yum & Tum Issan Restaurant ***1/2
93-95 Sukhumvit Soi 26
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Open daily : 11 am - 9:30 pm
Pay (food only for two): around THB 700