Tuesday, December 14, 2010
The glory of Anna is back!
During Thailand suffered from its worst economic turmoil in 1998, many restaurants in the region were forced to farewell from the scene. Entrepreneurs were so reluctant into new restaurant venture at that time. Except one. The Anna's Cafe.
If you are a fan of Thailand and a frequent traveler to Bangkok; I assume that you had been eaten at the original and once legendary Anna's Cafe on Soi Saladaeng, at least once, before its closure in 2006.
Five years later, the Anna returns (somehow with a swanky price tag).
1. crispy fried catfish with hot and spicy salad THB 160+
2. deep-fried shrimp cakes THB 160+
3. stir-fried baby kale THB 100+
4. deep-fried trevalley with mango salad THB 340+
5. apple crumble THB 110+
6. sauteed calamari with salty eggs THB 160+
7. chicken in green curry THB 160+
8. Anna salad THB 200+; 9. grilled dory fillet in white wine sauce THB 250+
Anna Restaurant & Art Gallery ***
27 Soi Piphat, North Sathorn Road
Silom, Bangkok 10500
Open daily : 11 am - 10 pm
Pay (food only for two): around THB 900