Thursday, December 02, 2010
BANGKOK AMAZING GOURMET
Tum that papaya pok pok
i-tum, a bright and hygiene Issan somtum (spicy raw papaya salad) joint near the Dhurakitbundit University. Price is student friendly but food quality is on the high side. The somtum papaya salad is fresh and crunchy, pungent and flavorsome, zaap eli.
1. nam-tok moo (grilled pork tossed with herbs and Isaan dressing), totally bland!
2. fresh veggie
3. pak ped tord (duck mouth, oops it is really the mouth) sun dried, deep-fried, nice!
4. dab moo waan (cooked pork liver salad), taste so-so!
5. refreshing somtum, good quality, spicy, taste good!
6. tom zaap (spicy and sour Issan soup with spare ribs), flavorsome, zaap ma!
7. moo dad diew (sun dried marinated pork), tender, a bit salty but good!
8. peek gai tord (deep-fried chicken wings), aromatic, taste okay!
i-tum Issan Restaurant ***
G/F Urban Square
Laksi, Bangkok 10210
Open daily : 11 am - 9 pm
Pay (food only for two): around THB 300