BANGKOK AMAZING GOURMET
Nostalgic palace cuisine
A few (Thai) restaurants named after the noble surname Chumsai (of Chumsai na Ayudhya), tend to classify themselves as palace cuisine. One remarkable "Chumsai" is the Krua Chumsai on Soi Ratchakru. The decor, the menu and even the clienteles are nostalgic (yes there we share joyful ambiance with big-hair noble ladies in groups chatting with friends of the same, and singing live band karaoke, songs from the 40's - 70's).
Thanks to the inherited palace recipes, food at Krua Chumsai is unparalleled delicious, some dishes serve at Krua Chumsai are (quite) exclusive.
1. spicy sausage; 2. dips of preserved crab in coconut milk
3. Thai hors d'oeuvres (they are good!)
4. wok-fried eggplants and crispy pork fat (so good very good!)
5. deep-fried sea bass in spicy and sweet mango dressing
6. spicy and sour chicken soup in blackened broth (pungent hot, yummy!)
7. four-color flour balls with hot-spring egg in coconut milk
Krua Chumsai ****
31 Phahonyothin Soi 5
Samsen Nai, Bangkok 10400
Open daily : 11 am - 11 pm
Pay (food only for two): around THB 800