Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Secret service on duty
Another paparazzi-free eatery in Bangkok. But press the doorbell won't grant you access to this restaurant if your name is off its White-House-style guess list.
I am talking about La Truffe. The house restaurant set inside the mystery Ma Du Zi, a self-proclaimed 5-star hotel without (openly) public access. Only hotel and restaurant guests with advance reservations will be escorted to the restaurant through the embassy alike closed gates.
La Truffe offers French cuisine of Provence accent. The Baht 650++ lunch set is not of best value in Bangkok but quite good in quality. If you are interesting for her dinner, please don't leave home without your platinum black credit card.
1. Lunch set started with amuse bouche - olive mousse on bread (mousse taste good)
2. 1st course - French onion soup
3. 2nd course - N.Z. mussel stuffed with garlic butter
4. main course - pan seared butterfly rainbow trout in Nicoise vinaigrette
5. dessert - blanc manger (French almond pudding)
6. coffee or tea
La Truffe ** 1/2
Ma Du Zi Hotel
9/1 Ratchadapisek Road
(corner Sukhumvit So1 16)
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Open daily: 7am - 11pm
Pay (food only for two): expect THB 6,000 (Lunch set available at THB 650++)
left- the facade of the hotel; right- La Truffe