Saturday, March 13, 2010
Dairy Queen D-rimnam
BANGKOK AMAZING GOURMET
Where doesn't serve soft ice cream and hot dog!
A friend from San Francisco is bored of Bangkok downtown riverside dining where only small bridges (hey Jack, not everyone can dine by the Golden Gate Bridge so often!) and a few hotels composing the view, therefore he requested a change.
There we took a 50-minute boat trip to downstream of Chaophraya River, to the D-Rimnam (used to call Dairy Queen) Seafood Restaurant in Nonthaburi province.
The ambiance here is relax, service is prompt and helpful, and food (Thai, seafood, pastry and Japanese) is superb if you order the right one. Just like dining in any Thai restaurant, we need to order the right dishes the restaurant is good at. There we skip the Japanese selection!
1. khao kriap park mor (steam rice flour wrapper with stuffing)
2. mee krob (a classic dish of sweet and sour fried noddle in a nest)
3. hor mok ka-nom-krok (baked curry fish paste on earthenware)
4. pla kapong neung manao (steam sea bass in spicy lime and chili broth)
5. tumyumgoong (sour and spicy soup with prawn)
D-Rimnam (Dairy Queen) Seafood Restaurant ***1/4
27/4 Moo.3 Rattanathibet Road
(besides Phra Nangklao Bridge)
Saima, Nonthaburi 11000
Open daily : 5 - 10 pm
Pay (food only): around THB 800 for two with seafood