Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Floating on Bangkok C.B.D.
If you don't mind going a little rustic, Lek's food is great. In fact Lek is almost the only place in the area you find fresh seafood cooked in decent Thai style with a good price.
People may argue if those side walk seafood hawkers on Silom and Surawong Road are also good! I will not counter such pledge only if they insist stale and fishy seafood are good, with bonus that hygiene is never in the vendors mind. Remind you that those side walk seafood joints are not necessary cheaper in price though.
1. spicy cockles salad with mint and chilies (yum hoy krang)
2. crispy fish maw salad (yum sam krob)
3. fried river prawn in tamarind sauce (goong phad sauce makham)
4. steamed cuttlefish in lime broth (pla muek neung ma-nao)
5. stir-fried bitter gourd stem (phad pak yod mara)
6. fried whole live crab in curry sauce THB 700 (poo phad pong garee)
Lek Seafood ***1/2
(beneath BTS Chongnonsi)
Silom, Bangkok 10500
Open daily : 5 pm - 11 pm
Pay (food only): around THB 800 for two (without live crab)