Thursday, September 23, 2010
BANGKOK AMAZING GOURMET
King of wonton soup
Finally I eat my share of aroi-ma-ma crispy and moist roasted goose (real goose, no duck) and a bowl of real Hong Kong congee in the heart of the City of Big Mango.
One of Hong Kong renowned high-end noodles and congee restaurants quietly landed to Bangkok, serving Bangkokians top quality roasted goose, barbecue pork, crispy pork, congee and of course wonton soup with noodle as well; if it is not King's pricing on her dishes a bit off us Thais general spending power, I would have given her a 5-star rating. But considering the quality of food there serves, King's Palace deserves this price structure. Fair enough!
If you are fans of roasted meats and authentic Hong Kong tearoom feast, then King's Palace is a restaurant you couldn't afford to miss.
1. soup noodle with wonton THB 150+; 2. real Hong Kong congee THB 150+
3. roasted goose THB 380+, crispy, tender, aroma, a steal at this price!
4. flat rice roll with barbecue pork THB 180+; 5. crispy pork on rice THB 160+
6. barbecue pork THB 350+, moist, sweet, depth, layer of texture, excellent!
7. kale Hong Kong THB 150+; 8. waterfall tofu dessert THB 80+
King's Palace Congee & Noodle Bar 皇府 ****1/4
2/F K Village #215
Sukhumvit Soi 26
(also access from Rama IV Road)
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Open daily : 10 am - 10 pm
Pay (food only for two): expect THB 1,000 for noodles and congee