Monday, July 12, 2010
BANGKOK AMAZING GOURMET
French into Pan Asia affairs
I confess. I almost forget a review on one of Bangkok best wine and dine venues, Reflexions. There we expect innovative French cuisine with intense flavors and the use of finest seasonal produce from talented young chef de cuisine Thibault Chiumenti.
The French moderne Reflexions is an exquisite combination of nouvelle cuisine and traditional French fare, with unusual fun on-the-wall and transcontinental vibes as the addition. I enjoyed my evening there with delectable cuisine in a romantic ambiance and incomparably attentive service.
If one feels that French cuisine is insipid in Bangkok, prepare to have ones taste-buds evolve at Reflexions.
1. amuse bouche; 2. sea urchin cream soup with poached oyster and truffle
3. degustation de hors d'oeuvre - sea bass carpaccio, duck raviole, foie gras terrine, roasted frog leg, and sea urchin cream with poached oyster
4.complimentary tequila vodka sorbet on ice
5. roasted pigeon breast and leg in duck liver pastilla, and black truffle
6. grilled Andaman tiger prawn, Sardinian couscous, fava beans and lobster sauce
7. freshly baked French bread variety; 8. desserts sampler
Plaza Athenee Hotel Bangkok
(a Royal Meridien hotel)
10 Wireless Road
Open Tuesday - Saturday : 6 pm - 11 pm
Pay (food only for two): expect THB 6,000
The passion of contemporary French cuisine is limitless; my food is a culinary journey to discover. Thibault Chiumenti